The renowned childbirth education program for a calmer, comfortable, easier and shorter labour and a gentle birth for your baby
Are you feeling anxious about your upcoming labour?
Perhaps you’ve looked down at your growing belly and wondered how on earth you’re going to get your baby out?
Are you scared that your labour is going to be excruciatingly painful, or that you might have medical complications during labour and perhaps end up having an emergency C-section that takes weeks to recover from?
Perhaps you’ve decided that you’ll take ‘all the pain relief drugs on offer’ but you’re worrying about how opiates in your baby’s system could then impact your baby’s ability to bond with you and successfully establish breastfeeding after his or her birth.
You might also be worried about how you will hold, bond with and feed your baby after birth if you are drowsy and drugged from medical pain relief, or sore from surgery and stitches.
Maybe you just don’t feel fully prepared for your labour or what to expect in the birthing suite. Perhaps you’re starting to feel like you’re just another patient in the hospital system and the beautiful birth you had envisaged is slipping away because you don't know how to advocate for your and your baby's needs.
If any of this sounds like you, then read on to discover why Hypnobirthing mothers birth more comfortably, calmly, easily, have shorter labours and are less likely to end up having complications in labour that result in intrusive medical interventions and painful medical procedures, such as episiotomies and C-sections.
BONUS COURSES - Antenatal Program & Online Childbirth Classes
Also included is an online antenatal program and filmed antenatal hospital classes. You need a toolbox of methods and techniques for labour and these additional inclusions will ensure you are thoroughly prepared for your labour with lots of knowledge and techniques ready to use on your big day.
BONUS $50 off if you sign up today
Use code 'FIFTY' to get $50 off the price of $197 if you sign up today- Pay only $147 for Hypnobirthing plus the 2 bonus programs - the Antenatal Program and the Online Childbirth Education Classes
- Your labour was shorter - 45% of Hypnobirthing mothers birthed in under eight hours.
- Your labour was easier because you had a range of techniques to draw on to successfully manage, minimise or even eliminate labour pain.
- Your labour was calm, comfortable and so relaxed that you didn’t need any medical pain relief - 77% of Hypnobirthing mothers who birthed vaginally did so without epidural anaesthesia.
- Your labour didn’t result in a cascade of intrusive and sometimes painful medical interventions that ended up with you having an episiotomy from tearing down there and then an emergency C-section - only 17% of Hypnobirthing mothers birthed via C-section compared with the national average of 32%.
- Your baby didn’t need painful suction or forceps to be forcefully pulled out of you, and as a result, your baby wasn’t bruised or damaged in any way after his or birth. Instead your baby was calm, relaxed, alert, happy, cried less, settled and slept better and due to not having pain medication drugs in his or her system, your baby was successfully able to attach and breastfeed.
- You felt energised after the birth, fully alert and able to immediately bond with, engage with and feed your baby.
- Your body wasn't bruised or stitched up and your recovery in the days and weeks after birth was quick, comfortable and painless.
- You look back and feel positive and empowered about your labour and birth experience and you can’t believe you ever had doubts, fears or worries about your ability to labour easily, comfortably and joyfully birth your baby.
Learning Hypnobirthing will:
- Help you be prepared to give birth calmly and confidently knowing exactly what to expect and what to do before, during and after labour.
- Help you feel connected to your body, your baby and your birth companion.
- Help you feel informed about your choices and confident to advocate for your chosen birth preferences.
- Help you navigate different birth situations whatever turn your labour and the birth of your baby takes.
- Teach you and your birth companion proven labour techniques to reduce fear and pain in labour.
- Reduce the chance of postnatal depression and anxiety.
- Improve the chances of having an alert, calm baby that cries less and settles easily, sleeps better and is able to successfully establish breastfeeding.
Learning traditional antenatal childbirth techniques will:
- Give you additional knowledge about pain relief options, medical interventions and caesarean sections should your labour or the birth of your baby take an unexpected turn.
- Give you additional techniques and tools to help you labour and birth your baby.
You will experience birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear that prevents the birthing muscles of your body from functioning as nature intended them to. In this calm state, your body’s natural relaxant, endorphins, replaces the stress hormones that constrict your birth muscles and result in labour pain.
StartUnderstanding your baby's due date (1:12)
StartHow do you feel about labour? (3:08)
StartThe Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome (1:56)
StartSupport during labour (2:37)
StartYour birth plan (2:55)
StartWhat is labour? (3:03)
StartHormones in labour (2:23)
StartBaby's position during labour (2:26)
StartPositions for labour (5:32)
StartBreathing techniques for labour (4:54)
StartTENS Machine for pain relief (3:16)
StartMedical pain relief (3:54)
StartThe cascade of interventions (3:37)
StartEarly first stage of labour (1:41)
StartActive labour (2:55)
StartTransition phase of labour (1:44)
StartSecond stage of labour (2:16)
StartThird stage of labour (2:52)
StartElectronic fetal monitoring (3:01)
StartAssisted delivery (2:26)
StartCaesarean Section (2:47)
StartWhat happens after birth?
StartThe first few days after birth
- Videos coaching series teaching you Hypnobirthing - 6 modules.
- Hypnosis tracks for use during pregnancy, labour and to play to your baby after birth to help him or her settle and sleep.
- Birth preferences template.
- Affirmation cards.
- Downloads including birthing scripts.
BONUS 1: Hospital antenatal program (27 Videos)
BONUS 2: Filmed hospital childbirth education classes (5 Videos)
BONUS 3: Ongoing free email support with me, your Hypnobirthing instructor.
All natural birth has a purpose and a plan; who would think of tearing open the chrysalis as the butterfly is emerging? Who would break the shell to pull the chick out?
Program 1: Hypnobirthing - What you will learn
Program 2: Antental - What you will learn
Program 3: Online hospital childbirth classes
The 'Golden Hour' after birth, Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome, Anatomy of childbirth, What is a healthy pregnancy weight gain, Pregnancy nutrition, Causes and signs of premature labour, Braxton-Hicks contractions, Signs of labour, Dilation and effacement of the cervix, What to do if your waters break, The mucus plug, True versus false labour, Stages of labour, How to count/time your contractions, How your uterus contracts and your cervix opens to birth your baby, Cutting the cord, What to pack in your hospital bag, Positions for labouring, Types of massage for labour, Breathing techniques for labour, Strategies to use in active labour, Birth plan, The 4th trimester, Roadmap to labour, Baby's position during birth, BAR method of decision making, Fetal monitoring, Artificial rupture of membranes, Artificial hormones to start and speed up labour, Induction pros and cons, How to speed up labour naturally, Episiotomy, Pain medication - pros and cons of epidurals and narcotic analgesics, Vacuum and forceps extraction, Posteriour labour, How your birth companion can support you during labour, Reasons for a caesarean section, Placenta previa and abruption, Preparing for a caesarean birth, What happens during a caesarean, Skin-to-skin contact with mum and dad, Recovery after a caesarean, Breathing patterns, Pushing techniques, Birthing positions, APGAR testing and scoring, Bonding with your baby, How to wrap your baby, New born procedures that happen after birth, New born appearance, Breastfeeding basics, Colostrum and your milk coming in, Lochia, Kegals and pelvic floor exercises and Postpartum blues.
An open letter to expectant mothers.
From Melanie Rivers – Your Childbirth Educator
Many women look back and are disappointed or even angry about their labour experience and the birth of their baby. This is a one time event, you will never birth your baby again.
The beautiful, natural, calm, gentle birth they had envisaged goes terribly wrong as a cascade of unnecessary, intrusive and painful medical interventions are introduced that cause extreme pain to the labouring mother and that frequently result in labour failing to progress, resulting in an episiotomy or an emergency C-section. After birth the mother is sore or stitched up down below and across her belly, and it can takes weeks or even months for her to recover and gain back her full mobility.
The baby also experiences distress during labour. He or she may be roughly pulled out with forceps causing bruising and then once born, the baby may be drowsy and drugged from the pain medication mum took, and in many cases is then unable to successfully attach to breastfeed.
The mother feels that she has failed both herself, and her baby.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Preparing yourself for labour, arming yourself with a range of birthing tools and techniques, understanding how your body works and how the hospital system works, can help set you up for a positive labour and birth experience one where, no matter what type of birth you end up having, you feel empowered, respected, informed and in control.
Hypnobirthing is a gentle approach to childbirth that will thoroughly prepare you for whatever turn your labour and birth takes. It will set you up from the start to approach labour without fear. Instead you’ll feel calm and confident because of the understanding that your body already knows what to do to birth your baby and that you have the knowledge and techniques to work with your body, as well as make informed decisions along the way for both you and your baby.
If you’re birthing in a hospital, you’ll need to fit into their system, adhere to their policies, and work within their timelines, even if this isn’t always in the best interest for you or your baby. The hospital staff may put pressure on you to be induced if you are past your estimated due date, they may want to perform unnecessary and intrusive medical checks that can then start a cascade of unnecessary and sometimes painful medical interventions. It can be very difficult to advocate for yourself and make informed decisions if you are unprepared, if you don’t know how the hospital system works, or if you are tired and vulnerable during your labour.
Hypnobirthing does acknowledge that there are times when medical interventions are necessary such as when there is an urgent medical emergency, and this is when the knowledge of your medical team will be very welcomed and the environment of the hospital is the best place to be. This is also why I have included traditional antenatal hospital based childbirth education for you to complete in the event that your labour does take an unexpected turn. However, in the absence of any medical emergency, your labour and birth should be allowed to progress naturally on its own timeframe, without any pressure or deadlines to be met.
If you want to birth naturally and reduce the risk of the common complications, I encourage you to consider my Hypnobirthing plus Antenatal program as your choice of childbirth education. The more knowledge and techniques you have to draw on during your labour, the better!
Not only will Hypnobirthing help you have a calm, comfortable, easier and shorter labour, but Hypnobirthing also sets your baby up for a beautiful, calm, gentle birth and a more successful transition to bonding and breastfeeding.
I look forward to supporting you as you prepare for the birth of your baby.
While you are going through the Hypnobirthing course there is also online support. Please contact me at any time over email if you have any questions, I'm always available to help you and answer your questions.
About your instructor - Melanie Rivers
Hi, I'm Melanie, I'm a university qualified nutritionist (post-graduate Deakin University) specialising in fertility and pregnancy nutrition and postnatal fat loss, a qualified personal trainer and Pilates instructor specialising in pregnancy and postnatal exercise, a trained teacher in natural fertility education, a Hypnobirthing instructor, childbirth educator and breastfeeding specialist.
I'm a mum to 2 boys and I'm based in Melbourne, Australia.
In my spare time you can find me outdoors being active. I love hiking, cycling, my family love to camp, I enjoy horse-riding and going to the gym. My happy place is out in my veggie garden surrounded by my chooks and bunnies.
Purchase now and use the code 'FIFTY' at the checkout for a discount of $50 - valid for 24 hours only
Your purchase includes a 30 day money back-guarantee
Yes, I want to learn Hypnobirthing and antenatal childbirth techniques to thoroughly prepare myself for a positive labour and birth.
Use code 'FIFTY' for $50 off if you sign up today